Alas, Yorick

A blog about things.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

What a Waste!

Usually wouldn't care if I saw a review for a TV show that concludes with a sentence like this: Shows like "John From Cincinnati" are why the good Lord made remote-control clickers. Bad reviews are kind of a relief - I don't feel like it's something else I should try to see.

But this time it makes me very sad and angry. Why? Because David Milch turned his attention to "John from Cincinnati," "Deadwood" ended prematurely. And "Deadwood" may well be the best damn TV drama that I've ever seen (and yes, I've seen "The Sopranos"). Such a waste. Sounds like you should skip the Cincinnati show. I'd recommend renting "Deadwood" instead -- but beware, the language is pretty damn foul, just what you'd expect from a rough-and-tumble mining town like Deadwood, Dakota Territory, circa 1876...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home