Alas, Yorick

A blog about things.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Good Rant, Averted

On Sunday, our telephone gave a series of strange, sickly rings. When we picked up the phone later that evening, the line was dead. Later, our internet went out.

So I called our provider on Monday, prepared to unleash my wrath. After answering some questions, the guy on the phone said it appeared the problem was with the line outside the house, and they'd send somebody out on Monday or Tuesday - and we didn't have to be home.

So on Tuesday I got home from work, skeptical about all this. I picked up the phone - and had a dial tone. I unplugged the wireless router and plugged it in - and after a few seconds, the little green internet light was back on.

Huh, whaddaya know? The phone/internet problem was resolved within 30 hours of me calling them. I was all prepared to write up a scathing comment on Optus crap service (which I would have had to do at work). But ... it all seems to be okay.

Never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home