Alas, Yorick

A blog about things.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Farrell and Reilly and Dingos

Over the past two weeks I've seen Will Farrell and John C. Reilly all over Australian TV. They're here pushing "Talladega Nights," which looks like "Anchorman" on four wheels. Will and John C. have done "Rove Live," a popular talk show (no, Karl Rove isn't involved), did a schtick behind the wheels of a stock race car on the all-rugby-league-all-the-time uber-manly weekly "The Footy Show," and even appeared on a big special celebrating 50 years of Australian TV. I hope they're better in the movie than they have been here -- nothing they've done here has really seemed all that funny and neither of them showed any emotion beyond the "do I have to do this to promote this damn movie" expression on their face.

Speaking of 50 years of Australian TV, I remember somebody (and I can't remember who it is) who always, whenever the topic of Australia came up, would say in an over-the-top faux Aussie accent, "The dingo's got my baby." Turns out that line was from reality. The #9 moment in Australian TV was when a couple out camping reported that their 9-week old baby had disappeared. And the mother was on TV, saying "The dingo's got my baby." Reality is stranger than fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home